Nature of Works: Soil & Groundwater Remediation
Contract Value: Confidential
Soilfix were instructed to carry out a programme of remediation works at this former manufacturing facility. The remediation works were designed following an extensive programme of assessment by the client’s environmental consultants in full collaboration and agreement with both the Environment Agency and Local Authority. The remediation works were required in connection with the site closure and the surrender of the environmental permit for the facility.
Remedial targets were agreed for the site in conjunction with the Environment Agency and Soilfix designed and implemented a remediation scheme which included:
• Multi-phase remediation targeted to remove LNAPL hotspots, soil-bound contaminants (including partially polymerised material in interstitial soils), and dissolved phase contaminants in groundwater;
• An excavation solution down to 6mbgl to intercept LNAPL lenses and groundwater, to deliver both contaminant removal and a high project sustainability rating. Proprietary shoring system along the canal boundary;
• On-site groundwater treatment system for Pump and Treat system, with off-site disposal under consented discharge;
• Pre-treatment of excavated soils and bioremediation of 6,500m3 of soil in vented static biopiles;
• Comprehensive odour neutralisation measures;
• Stringent occupational health and emissions monitoring;
• Comprehensive groundwater treatment system; and,
• Treated soils re-used on-site to backfill the excavation with off-site disposal of non-treatable soils minimised.
Soilfix successfully achieved the client’s soil and groundwater remedial targets for the project. Following completion of the remediation works the environmental permit for the site has been surrendered.
We have a dedicated and highly knowledgeable team lying close to Greater London in Rayleigh, Essex.
They are more than willing to assist you in any way possible, so feel free to call them with any questions or queries you may have on 01268 502272.