Soilfix is a remediation contractor delivering solutions on a diverse range of projects from small fuel spills to large multi-technology remediation of brownfield sites. Regular clients include developers, environmental consultants, local authorities, and industry. Our mission is to understand and manage risk in the ground.
As part of our ongoing expansion, we have identified the need for an experienced Logistics Coordinator to support the Business working from our Head Office in Bristol.
We are looking for an enthusiastic & driven person to join our busy & fast paced office.
You will be responsible for providing support to Site Staff through a variety of tasks relating to the day-to-day operations of the business, from raising purchase orders, organising hire of plant and machinery, and assisting site where required. Communication and organisational skills are key to ensure that all duties are completed to a high standard and in a timely manner.
Soilfix Limited is a thriving business embarking on a period of growth and therefore this role would suit someone looking to gain valuable experience with great career opportunities. Attractive salary and benefits will accompany this exciting role.
Soilfix is an equal opportunities employer which prides itself on a high level of customer service and is committed to improving health & safety.
Based: Head Office, Avonmouth, Bristol
Reports to: Compliance Manager
Main Objectives: To support the efficient functioning of the business operationally & logistically, adhering to robust supply chain practices in line with company policies, standards, and regulations.
Duties (training provided subject to skills and experience):
- Raise purchase orders for materials, supplies & equipment as directed by Project Managers &/or Site Managers
- Management of Hire orders
- Off hire equipment as directed by Project Manager &/or Site Managers
- Relocate plant & equipment as directed
- Be first point of contact to handle operational issues associated with demand and supply volatility, including supply constraints, production, transportation issues, compliance issues or unexpected demand
- Addressing & resolving delivery &/or collection issues promptly
- Maintain records for materials, supplies & equipment on site
- Assist Project Managers with supplier product selection and pricing as required
- Build Supplier relationships & monitor performance
- Maintain Soilfix plant & equipment register ensuring servicing, maintenance and testing is carried out as per manufacturers instructions &/or to meet with health & safety regulations
- Support general office functions as required
- Experience of working within the Construction Industry, hiring plant & equipment desirable but not essential
- Must be able to work as part of a team in a fast paced and pressured environment, communicating effectively with colleagues, following written and verbal instruction
- Excellent organisational skills, willing to adapt quickly to change.
- Excellent planning & time management skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Good IT / Technical skills (excel, word, outlook essential)
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to follow processes with good attention to detail.
- Customer focussed
- Pleasant telephone manner
Please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Date posted: 20th October 2021