Soilfix Limited recently organised a Safety Stand-Down across all Soilfix sites.
This was a very well attended event with great participation from all involved, including Soilfix Directors, site operational personnel and sub-contractors. Some of our non-site-based team were also able to tune in via a live broadcast through Microsoft Teams.
The session included an engagement session where all participants were asked for their suggestions for a safety improvement for the site. There was a wide array of ideas categorised as follows:
– Plant movements and personnel interface;
– Slips, trips & falls in relation to maintaining walkways and protruding obstructions;
– Competency of plant operators and other site personnel;
– PPE / RPE types and specifications;
– Site Security and preventing unauthorised access;
– Mobile phone use;
– General site operations;
There were over 45 suggestions across three sites and these will be input to our event reporting software. The all-important part starts now – identifying suitable corrective actions and following these through effectively.
The initiative was a real success and demonstrates Soilfix’s commitment to taking safety seriously and to ensure everyone has a voice, which WILL be heard.