Party season is one area that we all look forward to each year and never more so than Soilfix. Every year we combine an end of year ‘Training Day’ with a Christmas Party for staff and partners.
This year was to be no exception, with this year’s event planned at Voco Oxford Thames, which Zoe, our Office & Marketing Assistant had excitedly booked, planned and devoted a whole Pinterest board to – but as we all know, 2020 had other ideas.
This past Saturday heralded the first VIRTUAL Soilfix Training & Christmas Event.
Each member of staff received a small hamper from the Directors as a token of thanks and appreciation after a challenging year.
The first hour was spent:
– Updating staff on successful projects of 2020
– Pipeline and projects for 2021
– Health and Safety overview and initiatives for 2021 including our membership to RoSPA (The Royal Society for the protection of Accidents)
– Introducing our new training partner, iHASCO
– Technical reflections and innovations for 2021
– Our company charity donation to Mind – South East and Central Essex
– Welcoming our new 2020 staff members
- Ben Burgess – Remediation Operative
- Dan Simons – Assistant Project Manager
- Darryl Taaffe – Site Manager
- Ed Smith – Graduate Remediate Engineer
- Ian Croft – Site Supervisor
- Jim Haywood – Project Manager
- Naomi Hattam – Technical Bid Manager
- Nick Daniels – Operations Manager
- Terry Jordan – Remediation Operative
In the second hour, our Managing Director, George Evans, donned a quizmaster style wig for the very aptly named Knowing Me, Knowing Soilfix Quiz, using online quiz technology from Mentimeter.
Despite a few technical hiccups, the quiz got going and everyone was raring to go with their A-game and competitive natures! There were 31 questions, all based on our staff. There were some pretty enlightening facts that came to light. But what got revealed at the quiz, stays at the quiz!!
1st Place – Darrell Thomas
2nd Place – Nick Daniels
3rd Place – Tim Blake
The best question of the quiz had to be that of our Director, Richard Mabe
Richard is late for a meeting on site. Why?
- He needed several toilet stops on the way
- He had to clean the car after driving through a muddy puddle
- Richard is never late
The answer was of course 3!!
All in all, it was a great way to catch up with everyone, have a laugh and end the year on a high note!
2020 didn’t beat us, if anything, as a team it made us stronger.
Bring on 2021!!